problem accessing SolidWorks Files

Hi, All:
Every time I am trying to open a folder (in Windows Explorer) that contains my solidworks files, microsoft windows installer pop out of nowhere and
notifies me: "Preparing to install..." The whole computer hangs then with the exception of CTRL-ALT-DEL sequence that I use to terminate this MS installer. After that computer unfreezes. BUT I still can not access my SW files via Windows Explorer. Another funny thing to note, that SW2004 opens RECENT files no problems but also hangs when I try to browse the files via OPEN command and MS installer pops out again.
Has anybody seen this problem? Please let me know...
--
Edgar Lobachevskiy
Physics Dept

I have seen this before on many installations when using spacemouse or spaceball with SolidWorks and also Mechanical Desktop installed. This is what I use to do using regedit (Dont use regedit if you dont feel secure with it)
Start/run regedit, browse to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\microsoft and click on the folder installer. In the bottom left corner of the regedit window should now display: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\microsoft\installer <-- Important! Only the installer folder is going to be deleted.
Now press delete key to delete the installer folder. Close regedit and see if it works better. If another user logs on to the computer you maybe will get the same problem for that user, in that case, repeat the steps.
/Mike S

I had problems with the Spaceball, it doesnt seem to like SW, I uninstalled and everything is fine

contains
with
my SW

opens