windows installer pops up and crashes with DXF insert/open ???

Hi,

I'm trying to use DXFs in SW 2004, but whenever I try to open one, or insert one into a part, a windows installer box comes up and just hangs there, doing nothing. I need to CTRL-ALT-DELETE it away.

Anyone have an idea wassup? And how to fix?

SW2004 on XP Pro. (no XP SP2)

Reply to
me

Windows may be trying to install the application that is associated with .dxf files on your computer. In Windows Explorer, right click on a .dxf file, open with, and see what application is associated with .dxf files. This program may be corrupt or not fully installed. You could try changing the application to say SW DWG Editor. Also, you may have to uninstall and then reinstall the application associated to your .dxf files. Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

This is AutoCAD 2005, and it works fine. D-clicking the dxf in question loads it OK.

I can't find this, is this an add-on?

Reply to
me

Install eDrawings 2004 and retry.