Save As .dwg or .dxf and Windows Installer appears

Hi. All of a sudden, if I try to save a drawing out as .dwg or .dxf, I get a "Windows Installer" dialog box that just sits there & does nothing. If I try to cancel it, it says cancelling, but still sits there. Eventually I have to close SW.

Has anybody else seen this behavior? Any ideas on what's going on and/or how to fix it? Thanks.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Mears

Brian,

Try uninstalling and reinstalling eDrawings 2004 to correct this problem.

John

Reply to
John Picinich

Brian,

I ran into this recently with an installation that was using SolidWorks 2004. They installed 2004 as an upgrade from 2003, but

2003 was installed using the Traditional Installer and 2004 uses Windows Installer, not upgradeable. By removing 2003 and 2004, then installing 2004 as a new, separate install it completely corrected the problem. Not sure if this is the case, but it reminded of something I ran into last week and I figured it might be worth a shot.

Thanks and happy holidays!!

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Put your CD in the next time this happens. It should direct you to the repair option. Go through that and it should fix your problem.

Reply to
James