gpedit.msc and Windows Installer for solidworks 2004 sp 2.1 - settings??

I have downloaded sp2.1 but have not yet installed. After reading all the threads on time and effort I'm a little weary.

Just wondering though, if you go to Start > Run > gpedit.msc you get into the group policy (at least on XP Pro), and from there you go through Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > finally to Window Installer. Within the windows installer folder you have 15 different configurable settings, all of mine read "Not Configured". Not really sure if "Not Configured" is a pro or con.

Has anyone, end user, or Solidworks, for that matter, tried to configure an adequate series of settings. Is it that Windows Installer "Out-of-the-Box" should be tweaked?? Could explain why there are different results on two machines sitting side by side.

Just one seat, but if there is a "fix" here, then everyone breathes a little easier.

James Arthur

Reply to
jimbo

James, I am going to admit that as a weary SWks user, I don't know anything about MSWin installers. I don't have time to waste.

In fact, the reason for buying a program like SolidWorks, is that I should never have to deal with arcane issues of these sort, and I think that is part of what is frustrating users of SWks 2004 of late.

All I want to do is get my solids and drawings out to my injection mold tooling vendor TODAY. I'm sticking with Swks 2003 until I don't hear anymore of this crap.

Bo

Reply to
Bo Clawson