2004 SP 2.1 install woes

Hello all,

Anyone else having to uninstall previous versions (2001+ & 2003) before the

2004 SP2.1 will run? I tried uninstalling 2004 and reinstalling new to SP0 (about 12 minutes including reboot) then upgrading to SP1 (about 11 minutes). Probably should have tried renaming the old install directories temporarily, oh well. Would have been nice to have kept the prior versions. I guess I can reinstall if the need arises.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Wolfe

By the way the 2.1 upgrade took about 12 minutes including reboot. Now off to see how soon I can break it!

Reply to
Gary Wolfe

Three of us all installed 2004 SP2.1 with 2001+ also installed. Seems to be working.

Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

Ive had 2 different problems on 2 different systems (both with administrative images installed and both running XP Pro).

The first system would not let me choose which Solidworks version to upgrade to SP21. IT decided that I wanted to upgrade my installed version of 2003 and make it the new 2004 SP21.

The second system would let me get to the dialog box to choose to either upgrade or do a new install and if I picked upgrade and hit OK, it would go to a dialog box telling me that I terminated the installation before it was done and I'd have to run the update again. I ended up doing a new install in a totally different directory.

The windows installer is a real POS. Why should it take up to an hour to upgrade from one SP to the next. It takes even twice as long if you've used the administrative image. You have to upgrade the AI and then each of the computers. Poor IT people better hope they're not paid salary cause they'll need all the OT they can get to upgrade.

Any more it is almost as easy to uninstall SW and then do a new install.

For what it's worth... There is a Technical Bulletin in the SW subscription area describing some workarounds if you have problems installing the patch.

Mike Wilson

Mike J. Wilson

And stand on one leg and stick your tongue out....Pathetic

Gary

Reply to
Gary Wolfe

I'd rather go through those steps than wait for sp2.2.

Reply to
Jason Capriotti