SW2004 POINTS, RELATIONS AND DESIGN TABLES

I am having a bit of frustration with a design table driven part. The part itself is a helical sweep of a rectangle. The rectangle is related to to helices by a pierce relation to points. The design table changes the diameter, pitch and number of turns of the helices. Pretty simple actually. What seems to be happening is that the point on the sketch that is related by a pierce to one of the helices seems to change from one corner of the sketch to another depending on which configuration is active. Change seems to be brought on by reopening the part. This problem also occurs with the mates to the sweep. The corners seem to renumber themselves internally so that the vertex I used for mating one day will be switched to a different corner of the helix cross section the next day or time I use it.

Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior? Anyone found a solution?

Reply to
P.

Are you sure the square isn't getting turned inside out by a large change in the helixes? Does this happen if you make small incremntal changes?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

The rectangle is fixed at 1 inch wide and changes height by its relation to two helices to which it is related by pierce relations at the corners.

The parameters that change are the diameters of the helices, and the pitch of the helices. Pretty simple really. I had stepped through the different configs several times when I created it and not always in progressive order. There wasn't a problem till I edited the DT and changed the pitch and number of revolutions in the helices.

There were vertical and horizontal relations on the rectangle, but I have since removed them in favor of parallel and perpendicular.

Reply to
P.