how to make a spiral cut PROE/2001

Hello, If somebody can tell me how to do an spiral cut. PROE VERSION PROE/2001 I,m French and my english is not so good. Thanks for your help

Reply to
roger bernerd

Do you mean spiral or helical ?

Reply to
hamei

Spiral

"hamei" a écrit dans le message de news:c1.2c.2sXZb6$ snipped-for-privacy@huey.wanl>

Reply to
Roger BERNERD

: "roger bernerd" wrote : Hello, : If somebody can tell me how to do an spiral cut. : PROE VERSION PROE/2001

The spiral cut is called a helical sweep cut in Pro/e, another language all together. The menu picks are 'Insert>Cut>Helical Sweep'. Then you pick some attributes of the sweep, such as whether the pitch will be constant and what to make the cut profile normal to. Then you create two sketches: first sketch the trajectory and an axis of rotation for the helix; then sketch the cut profile locked to the trajectory. Lastly, you'll specify a pitch and done.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

halical cut have to make the boundary for the cutting area first, but spiral not need.

Reply to
maopl