why software OpenGL?!

Solidworks keeps turning to software OpenGL on and greyed-out, so i cant turn it off. The only temporary and ridiculous solution is to update again the ForceWare driver, which results that SW allows on first startup turning the software OpenGL off, but after exiting solidworks and reentering the problem appears again. (software OpenGL is again on and greyed-out). All this happens despite that i have a certified GC and GC Driver combination according to SW corporation (Quadro FX1500 with Nvidia ForceWare Driver 84.26).

My specs are: SW 2007 x64 sp2.1 on Windows XP x64 SP1 with 2GB RAM, AMD Athlon X2 4600. Is this problem 2007 x64 sp2.1 related? or do i need to tweak some settings on the Control panel>Display>Settings>Advanced>Quadro FX1500>Performance & Quality Settings?

I would be glad to get any insight, as SW is driving me nuts with software OpenGL: when i do viewport related operations like zoom in/out, pan and rotate the screen refreshes and redraws only partialy in a tiny square inside the large viewport!! forcing me to move the cursor over the unredrawd regions in order to reveal the image behind them!!

Thanks, Gil

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

With software OpenGL, you get used to the performance under Vista ;-) I have almost the same config as you have, 2007 SP 2.1 on AMD X2 too and no problem. Just thinking : are you sure you installed the 64-bit version of NVidia drivers ?

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

yep. i've installed the 84.26 x64 version one from Nvidia

Reply to
Gil Alsberg