3D Connexion Driver incompatible with Solidworks 2008?

I installed Solidworks 2008 this morning and when it found the add-in from SW2007 for my 3D motion device, it said that the add-in was incompatible with SW2008.

Checked the 3D Connexion web site and I'm using the latest driver.

Maybe I need to re-run the 3D Connexion driver for SW2008 to recognize it?

Thoughts..........

Reply to
Richard Charney

If you have a serial device the latest driver (2-8-2)that is available for it will not have drivers/support for 2008.

A: Use the following workaround:

  1. Load 3DxSoftware 2.8.2. , found in the Space Ball 4000 from
3Dconnexicon
Download 3DxSoftware 3.4.2. , found in the Space Ball 5000 USB
Use WinZIP to unzip 3dXSoftware 3.3.2 and install only the SolidWorks plug-in.

first i am sorry that i will be of no help to you in 2008. but in

2007 we are finding many issues that may be attributed to the driver or issues that our VAR is thinking that is attributed to the driver. for those that use them the 3D imput device is the best thing since sliced cheese. my current issue is with dual computer setup that we use here to allow SolidWorks to run on our extensive models. we were trying RADMIN on single monitor systems to allow both computer connections and the driver messes with the openGL once it is loaded. you end up not being able to see the model once the 3Dconnexion driver is installed. if you turn on software openGL then the model is visible again, very strange. now even though we uninstalled the 3Dconnexion driver we still have the model visiblity problem. we have tried to uninstall/clean the video driver/reinstall the problem persists. still working this issue.

keep us imformed on what you find as we most likely will see the same issues when we go to 2008.

you would think that SWx corp could put their foot down on such shotty software from a certified partner. iQ

Reply to
iQ

Richard, I had the same issue except I was not running the latest driver for my Space Traveler. I downloaded the latest versions and installed them, went thru the set up for the controller, and every thing is working fine. Now if SW2008 would work as well.

Mark

Reply to
mrkmccmbr