ProE IGS import

Hey all,

I've been having serious problems importing ProE files since installing SW2007. Can anyone verify that they can import an IGS exported from PRO correctly?

Thanks

Lee

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign

I can from ProE 2001 with the surfaces option. SW should also be able to import a plain PRT file as well, so try saving a copy out, but don't use the 'analyze completely' option.

Reply to
deimos

yeah, I wasn't having trouble before, it's a recent thing:

Importing IGS (from Pro E) makes an empty assembly with a lot of empty parts.

Importing ProE Assembly using BREP or IGS (not analysis) does it's thing and then claims the name is invalid and there's nothing to see.

I have resorted to importing all the ProE parts individually using BREP and then making the assembly myself

BORING

Thanks for your tips though!

LB