PhotoWorks 2007 configuration problems

Hi All, I seem to be having a lot of trouble trying to render the following cabinet as shown here.

I have detached the materials and tried to apply the custome materials in the top most assembly, i have also gone right down to the lowest part and attached materials but for some reason they seen to keep falling off. As you can see from the 3 images the front of the drawer unit is defaulting to polished aluminium and after trying to apply the material i have achived one of the drawers to the correct material, while the others are not? The front of the drawer is the same part file just 3 different configurations, if i have the part file open in the background whichever active configuration seems to stick. This is getting rather frustrating, has anyone come across this or have any suggestions?

Thanks, Michael Lynn

Reply to
mlynn69

Hi Michael,

I am having the same PW problem like you. This glitch goes back for long time. The reason for this misbehavior of render matierials seems to be due to multible configurations. PW does not have an option checkbox for material related configurations. "Workaround": You would need to reasign the same material to every configuration of the part unless you first asign a material and the derive the different configurations. Also helpful is to apply textures directly on parts and not in assemblies.

HTH

Jo

"mlynn69" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
JOJO

The configuration dialog box has been added to the material property manager in 2007.

Reply to
Rock Guy

Yes it has, and it seems to be buggy? I had a cabinet al set up and rendering fine, i then suppressed the door and hinges to render the cabinet and shelves and the side panel which was fine a minute ago dropped the material and rendered polished aluminium. The worst part about all of this is it doesn't seem to be consistent which makes it really hard to trouble shoot and at the end of the day it is most probably user error :-)

Cheers, Michael

Reply to
mlynn69