2007 .sldmat compatible with 2008 ?

I upgraded from 2007 to 2008 sp1.1 recently. I have over the years created a custom sldmat file for materials that my company uses. If I open an existing 2007 part that uses our custom material everything is fine. If I try to edit the material in 2008 and use our custom materials data base I now get:

"Incompatible Material Database. Probably this database may be of Higher version and not compatible with present version.

0xc00ce201 : Error parsing '0' as hexBinary datatype. The attribute 'RGB" with value '0' failed to parse."

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Reply to
George

Well, my first suggestion is to call your VAR. This may be a real bug.

Matt Lorono

fcsuper

Yes, this is a bug. It is scheduled to be fixed in SP 3.0. There is discussion about this issue on the SolidWorks Forum

Cheers,

Anna Wood

Reply to
Anna Wood

I finally found the work around in the SolidWorks Knowledge base. Basically I had to edit the sldmat file using notepad and assigning a RGB value everywhere it said '0'

Thanks

Reply to
George