Photoworks transparency

Hello,

I have rendered some nice models using only SolidWorks materials and indirect illumination. When trying to add some transparency to a component it does render transparent, but not glass-like as I would like it. The model's transparent area appears to be divided into small squared dots. Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

/ Kasper

Reply to
Kasper

Kaspar.

That sounds like "dithering". What are the settings in "tools"-"options"-"performance"-"tranparency" ??

Mark

Reply to
MM

If I remember correctly this was a problem years back in the pre PW2 version - in that software you needed to increase the amount of internal reflections to get the black dots to go. I think it was the number of bounces or some such name. Look for that sort of thing to change in the settings fot the illumination.

Jonathan

Reply to
jjs

set your refractions to more than 5 and try that going up till till the black dots dissapear

Reply to
mikemcd

Make sure that you go to the scenery tab and tell the lights to render transparent. A lot of ppl miss this option when first starting out in PW.

Reply to
cadjunkie

It was as simple as that :-) That you very much!

Reply to
Kasper