Trimmed Large Component Affecting Size of Assembly

I've got a problem with a component affecting the viewing of its parent assemblies.

Let me start by trying to illustrate the assembly structure, and then describe what is happening.

Asm1 .Asm2 ..Asm3 ...Part1 ...Part2

Part1 and Part2 represent extruded stock, both are 12 feet long. They are assembled, side by side, in Asm3 which is 12 feet long (obviously). In Asm2, they are trimmed to a desired length and a part is put on each end. That assembly is then used in Asm1.

Now, here's the problem. In Asm2, when I zoom to fit, it fits the trimmed assembly to the screen. But, it Asm1, it's as if the 12 foot long sub-components were still 12 feet long. A zoom to fit puts the visible assembly at the very bottom of the screen, zoomed way out.

Why is the sub-assembly OK but its parent isn't? And how can I fix it? I'm looking for a view option or something that I can set.

Thanks.

Reply to
CADaholic

The trim in Asm2 is computed after all it's mates are. When Asm2 is inserted into Asm1 it has to rebuild which may mean two rebuilds. Have you tried to rebuild Asm1 twice? If you edit Asm2 inside of Asm1 what happens?

Reply to
TOP

Multiple rebuilds still refits to the same size (little asm at bottom of screen). Editing the component doesn't have any effect, either.

T> The trim in Asm2 is computed after all it's mates are. When Asm2 is

Reply to
CADaholic

Editing the trimmed component or the Assembly trimming the component?

Reply to
TOP