Export/print high quality image of Assembly or Part

Hello, I'm fairly new to solidworks so I hope im not missing something very basic. I want to export a picture file of a large assembly so that I can tweak it in photoshop and print it in poster size for a presentation. I have tried 'save as' .jpeg, .tiff and 'print to' MDI file, etc, but only get low res pixelated images. How to I get a good sharp crisp image? A friend says the only way is to use photoworks but I'm not yet too familiar with that product and I am happy with the colors and rendering already without all the photoworks 'bling'. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

p.s. Im using SW'06 office pro. Adam.

Reply to
adspeed

Brian Putnam

Create a blank drawing ( no sheet format ). Insert your part/assembly. Save as-,*.tif, click the options button, whack the print capture radio button, and finally alter the DPI setting. I usually set it at max to give to our catalog guy, and let him do all the photoshop stuff. That should give you a good image to work with. If its still not high enough, change your sheet size to something larger ( ie E ) and scale your part/assembly to fill the sheet.

Reply to
Brian

There is a macro on

"Save high quality bitmap files from your models" this may help. Let us know if it works.

John Layne

John Layne

Reply to
adspeed