Jpg quality

Hello,

I am trying to use the jpg export feature of Solidworks 2001. It works great, but I don't seem to be able to adjust the quality. What I see on the screen is exactly what is replicated in the file. The problem is, the screen quality is low enough that the curved objects are somewhat jagged.

I have adjusted the "image quality" option (the thing with the little circle that gets more or less jagged as you adjust it), but that doesn't seem to affect how the model appears on the screen.

I have tried hitting the "green light" rebuild button (after adjusting image quality), but that doesn't show a change either. The file is an assembly, but I do have the box checked to copy the setting to components. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kris

Reply to
Kris

TO get a slightly better image you can use 'AntiAlias edges', and have the outline lines on (Show HLR edges in shaded mode or something linke that). That sould get rid of the jagged edge. For even higher quality perhaps create a 2D drawing, set the views to shaded with HLR edges shown, and then save as TIFF file as you can set the resolution etc. I'm speaking of SW2003 here by the way.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette

I gave up on the .jpg output in S/W a year ago, because the resulting image is just too noisy for use, and there is no apparent way to adjust. Instead I save as a .tif and open the image up in Irfanview (free on the web) then save it as .jpg there. Voila no noise, and Irfanview is a great little program for image manipulation.

bp DVC Co.

Reply to
Brian Park

Hello Kris-

Here is one method you might try:

  1. Set your screen resolution to 1068 or higher. 2. Turn on anti-alias edges. 3. Set image quality very high. 4. Close the Feature Manager and center the image as big as it will display. 5. Instead of using "File" "Save as .jpeg" Try this: A. Click on "Print Preview"(Anti Alias is better here) B. "Shift" "Print Screen" C. "Paste" the screen shot into Microsoft Photo Editor with 300 dpi as the setting. D. Edit as needed and "Save As" whatever format you choose.(Check out .png)

Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

I am trying to use the jpg export feature of Solidworks 2001. It works great, but I don't seem to be able to adjust the quality. What I see on the screen is exactly what is replicated in the file. The problem is, the screen quality is low enough that the curved objects are somewhat jagged.

I have adjusted the "image quality" option (the thing with the little circle that gets more or less jagged as you adjust it), but that doesn't seem to affect how the model appears on the screen.

I have tried hitting the "green light" rebuild button (after adjusting image quality), but that doesn't show a change either. The file is an assembly, but I do have the box checked to copy the setting to components. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kris

Reply to
Devon T. Sowell

Another option is use a simple render (if you have PhotoWorks) unless you want line images then I would go to a drawing and use tiff I always set my tiff at 600dpi works great for our user manuals.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich