Colors not saved - why is that??

I save the colour (color, depending where you are!) of a component part to differentiate parts in an assembly. This is done by right click on part name / doc properties / colors / shading / select color and then save. Most of the time ok.

Quite often I come in next day and open an assembly only to find that a small number of parts have reverted back to the default colour.

Any ideas??

Flynt

Reply to
Flynt

are you doing this at the assembly level? bob z. has found over the years that the most reliable place to set part color is at the part level. swx allows us to set colors at assy level, part level, feature level, face level, etc. it is really quite astounding that people need all of that functionality, but they must or we wouldn't have it, right? :~)>

swx will get confused and the colors will not remain consistently if you change part colors at any place other than at part level. bob z. had an assy with parts that were colored differently from the color shown in the assy many years ago. the VAR looked at it and did what most VARs do...

bob z.

Reply to
bob zee