making glass

I realise that this is probably a pretty basic question, but, how do I change something into a "transparent plane" basically I want to show that
something is glass or acrylic
thanks
Mathew birtch
In a Part file: Tools -> Options (Document Properties tab) -> Color -> Shading -> Advanced -> Transparency slider bar.
In an Assembly: Right-click on component either in graphics window or FeatureManager design tree and choose Component Properties -> Color -> Advanced -> Transparency slider bar.
The first affects the part transparency in all instances everywhere it's used. The second affects the part transparency only in the specific assembly where you make the change.
Note you can also change specific Features in the same fashion AND specific Faces (for instance, make an Extrusion feature transparent or make just the end of the Extrusion transparent).
Mark 'Sporky' Stapleton Charlotte, NC
Mathew Birtch wrote:

ok, that worked but it made everything transparent.... I want to have glass in a frame, should I make it a new part and make an assembly? keeping the frame solid and making the glass transparent

that

A couple ways:
-Edit Color; Optical Properties, Transparency. -RMB on face or feature; Properties; Advanced; Transparency.
..
Mathew Birtch wrote:

where is this "edit color" option? same deal with RBM?
sorry, I am very new with this software

that
Go to "Help" or "?", search for "edit color". RMB = Right Mouse Button.
..