inserting pictures to trace off of

how do I insert a picture to trace off of, I can insert it into a sketch, but it disappears as soon as I extrude into a solid. I need to be able to have the picture on one plane and work all around it without having it disappear.

I am very new at this by the way.

thanks

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Birtch

Do you have sketches, etc turned on in the View menu?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Turn on wireframe or hidden lines visible and you should be able to see through the solid, otherwise, you may have sketches turned off,. View/Sketches.

..

Mathew Birtch wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

When the sketch is consumed by the solid, it is automatically hidden. Expand the extrusion feature in the feature tree, right-click on the sketch and select "show".

Reply to
Dale Dunn