Part losing color

Someone try this for me, please.

Open a part file, select the part name at the top of the tree and apply a color to the whole part. Turn it all red, or something. Now go the config tab and RMB/properties. This will open the PM box and then select the check mark and get out. At that point, my part color resets back to gray. I thought maybe I had checked to use config specific colors, but no - happens on several part files & on another machine also. SW2007 SP2.0.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Confirmed.

Reply to
matt

Same SP? Anyone else on some other SP?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

sp2

also broken in sp0

Works properly in 06sp1.0

Reply to
matt

SW2007 SP 2.0 Confirmed.

SW2006 SP 5.1 Also broken.

Muggs

matt wrote:

Reply to
Muggs

Thanks guys - I'll get it turned in in the morning.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
335648 SPR Part color returns to default if custom properties of configuration are edited (no change), then OK back out of PropertyManager.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Thx for hunting this down in a rational manner.

It drives me nuts that if you submit the problem with changing the transparency for a part, face, or body, and the same thing happening (part turns gray as soon as the transparency slider moves), they just look you in the eye and describe exactly what is happening and tell you it isn't a bug.

I've reported this several times and keep getting the same response, which is both encouraging and disheartening. Its encouraging because if nothing else, they are consistent. It's discouraging because they are consistently wrong.

One of the biggest shortcomings of tech support in general is that they fail to see things from a users perspective. (Too busy with the goal keeper role - deflecting criticism). There may be some internal document somewhere that defines that when changing transparency, color should automatically be changed as well, but in that case the bug is in the internal document.

Reply to
matt

In 2006 SP3.4 clicking back from wireframe to shaded often causes the part to go "invisible" on me.

I have to reset to another material to see it.

First time I saw it I thought I lost my whole model.

Bo

matt wrote:

Reply to
Bo

Still does it to me occasionaly in 2006 SP5.1 CTRL Q resolves the problem for me.

John Layne

John Layne