Component line font

SW2007 SP4.0

In a drawing I am not getting the component line font to work. Does anyone else use it and it works properly?

In a drawing, select a part either in the drawing view or in the tree, RMB and select Component line font. Try changing it to something else. What I am seeing is that I can uncheck the Use document defaults box, but it never will keep any other changes. Select another font, hit ok - nothing. Go back in and the "Use..." box is still unchecked, but the Type of edge is back to Visible Edges. During all this time the Apply button is always grayed out. Thoughts?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Works here, changes are kept. But, as You say, apply button is grayed out, got it working with okay-button. Tried it both with view focus locked and unlocked but no difference. Seems to NOT be working on views with broken-out section though. Tried both with all views and one view separetely, with same result.

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

What SP are you on?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I'm on SP4.0, just like You

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

As far as I can recall this has been working through all the SP's of SW 2007. We do a lot of plant layouts with our machines drawn in, and in almost all cases we add a few machines for eventually future investments. These additional machines are always shown with a different line font, mostly ghost line, and line font is changed in just the way You just described.

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

You know how you sometimes have that "DUH" moment? I went to another guy here that uses it a fair bit, and rather than asking him about it as I did earlier, I watched him. So what do I see but that I was doing it wrong. In the dialog box, I was using the main box as a global setting rather than as a filter.

So, the correct process is to select the type of lines that you want to change, which will probably usually be visible lines. and then pick the values in the other boxes to set that type line in the drawing view to the new line font.

Hope this helps someone else.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany