Changing a part's linestyle

How do I change the line style of a part in an assembly drawing view? I want to show that some parts are simply for reference and display them in a phantoom line style.

Reply to
SR

Right-click on the part and select component line font. Go from there. This will change the line font in every view. I guess you could use layers as well, but I've not tried that.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

Richard

If I'm not wrong here, Youll get the option to choose wheter You wanna change the line font in all views or only upon selection

Krister L

Richard Doyle skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:bthpjf$7hg9e$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-182008.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Krister L

Thanks, but either this doesn't work, the online help steps are inaccurate or I need to stop staring at a monitor all day!

When I select "Component Line Font..." it opens the Component Line Font dialog box. I uncheck "Use document defaults", then select the style I want (Tangent Edges style - Phantoom lines). Click OK and nothing happens? For some reason the Apply button is dimmed also - could this be the problem. I have tried it on different parts, but each time it doesn't work.

Help, please!!!

P.S. Drawing view option is set to "All views"

Reply to
SR

Hmmm...seems to be something wrong here.....I just opened an old drawing made in March 2000 with one part set to linefont phantom thin. The drawing has two sheets and the part with phantom line font is only included in sheet two. Now the other part has changed the linefont to phantom thin, even though all settings tells me it's "document default" which is set to solid normal. Can't get it back....sent it to VAR for explanation

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

When that happens to me, I often find that the wrong part has been affected. Sometimes it's on another sheet. Component line font has randomly misbehaved this way for a long time.

Reply to
Dale Dunn