See thru parts in drafting

I have a drawing of an assembly that needs to use a reference part for a setting dimension. I have added that part into a configuration of the assembly model. The particular view in the drafting is referencing this configuration and the reference part shows up nicely. My problem is that even when I change the line of the reference part to phantom it hides parts behind it in the view. How do I make the reference part 'see thru' in the drawing view so that hidden parts show up as solid line?

Reply to
Phil Evans

Use the alternate view method. 2 configs, the first one without the transparent part and the second one with the transparent part. Use alternate view with the first config as the primary view and the second config as the alternate view.

Reply to
Robin Boudreault

You can create a layer for that part (with phantom lines or whatever) and set that particular component to that layer you created...

Sorry if that isnt what you are looking for...

Todd

Reply to
Todd

Thanks, thats what I need, yet again it seems to be a workaround rather than a feature, but many thanks.

Reply to
Phil Evans