Showing Cutaway in Phantom

Probably not quite a CutAway persay.

I have an angle Iron 1.5 x 2.5

| |1.5 | |________________ 2.5

I cut the 1.5 down to 5/8"

What I want to do is show the origional shape in Phantom without having to sketch it, and have solid lines for the Finished Shape. I would appreciate any Ideas you may have for acomplishing this.

Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich

one word, "Alternate Position View" ok, so it's not one word. anyway, don't let the word "position" stop you from using this feature

Reply to
kenneth b

ooops, jumped too soon. you have to have an assembly to use this feature. besides angle is so small phantom lines will not show up. oh well, so much for that brainless idea.

Reply to
kenneth b

what about creating a configuration where the model is the raw material & one where it has been modified. Then copy & paste the original view. Then change to the uncut configuration in the second view. Then RMB clicking on one of the model edges in the second view & choosing "component line font". Change the solid edges to use linetype of phantom. (you must uncheck the use default settings & select "from selection") Then align the second view horizontally by the origin to the first view & then again align the second view vertically by origin. This should put the second view on top of each other. Thus now you will show what you want & it will be parametric!

Hope this works for you

Steve Tietz.

Reply to
Steve Tietz (renderman)

Can you make a configuration in the model and use a cut to achieve your desired result? Then, create a view referencing that config. You may have to muck around with line fonts to get the phantom tho.....

That works Steve the only thing is as far as I can see you can only align in one direction at a time. So once you get them to be on top of each other you cannot move them without realigning. It is also hard to detail. Selecting lines picks one from one view and one from another. I ended up using multiple bodies and making the cut-away body transparent and removing the lines in the views I didn't want to see them in and making them phantom in the ones I did. The thing that stinks about that is I don't think that the mass props will be quite right now. Not that we really rely on them.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Create a second config without the cut, then converted those edges & changed the line type to phantom, then changed the config back to the one with a cut.

Reply to
Matthew A. Bush

Will they continue to be associative? Sounds good.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

In the test I did, yes.

Reply to