Configurations... the greatest headache

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love to hate 'em. You really have to be on point about what and where you are making your changes, granted. My questions start to come up with assemblies and having moving, opening hinge movement as an example. Is that something driven, in a config, by the mates, or is there some other way to show that something opens and closes? I could make two mates of an angle, one closed, one open and suppress the other.

Thanks in advance (T.I.A)

Reply to
Art Da Fart

Set up a derived config that is your opened configuration. You can have a different value for the same angle mate in each config. Double click the mate an angled dimension should show up in your view. You can double click the dimension select "This Configuration" and change the value. In your drawing make an alternate position view. to show the opened position in phantom.

Regards, Corey Scheich

what and where you are

and having moving,

config, by the mates, or is there

mates of an angle, one

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Coery, thanks man. It really is kewl when you learn something new every day. I wonder if there is one person, beside bob z, who knows the entire program (j/k bob) but sometimes I am like, OMG where did that come from, how did I not bump into that before.

Reply to
Art Da Fart

Mr Fart -

you also to remeber to mate the other parts direct to the part that makes the movements - And it WILL work too nice!

sincerefully,

Habib

Reply to
Habib

good ol' bob z. was going to reply to your post yesterday, but got pulled away from his desk.

bob z. doesn't know it all but sure wishes he knew more! 8~)>

bob z. just recently acquired two new recruits here in the engineering room. these two guys have never touched a cad program before and they are moving along at an extremely impressive rate. how does bob z. gauge their progress? he looks at how many things they have shown him that he did not previously know. for example: pick a vertex on a square part - then hit the chamfer command. that is SO simple, yet bob z. was trying to create a plane on an angle, do a cut, etc. just to do a simple corner break.

solidworks rocks. we will all keep learning if we keep at it.

8~)>

-- bob z. p.s. this is a song for the ladies, but fella's listen closely...

Reply to
bob zee

can you believe that bob z. just top-posted?!?!?

it won't happen again. bob z. is giving himself 50 lashes with a broken emergency brake cable right now.

-- bob z.

"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things everyday"©

Reply to
bob zee

Good for you!! Top posting makes a lot more sense than bottom posting. The main reason is so you don't have to scroll down to read the new stuff. This is especially true for those messages that are about 200 lines long and have been forwarded in their completeness. This, of course, makes sense when you are up on reading the message thread as it happens, which I know good ol bob z. is. I may not care about what's at the bottom if I'm up on it. So, save the lashes for a real emergency. :-)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Incorrect.

That's why all newsgroup etiquette guides tell you to trim the content leaving only the relevant bits to which you are replying.

That's why all newsgroup etiquette guides tell you to trim the content leaving only the relevant bits to which you are replying.

Top-posting is simply bad etiquette.

Jim S.

Reply to
Jim Sculley