how changing the cut line without redoing all my view ?

i must change my cut line. initially a single line for a partial cut. now i need to see the rest of the piece but uncutted. so i had a seconf line perpendicular with the first one. but i doesn't change the view. i don't want redo all the works for annotations, dimensionning on the first half.

any solutions will be useful.

+++
Reply to
TTB

To edit the section cut You need to edit the sketch in which You have the line.....right click the section line and pick " edit sketch".....then redo it, and after that, highlight the entire line and to have this change affect the view You need to rebuild. Hope this is what You're looking for

Krister

Reply to
Krister L

i tried this but it doesn't account of the second line.

+++
Reply to
TTB

i tried this but it doesn't take account of the second line.

+++
Reply to
TTB

i tried this but it doesn't account of the second line.

+++
Reply to
TTB

I don't know if I understood You right ...but You need to have the two (or three) lines connected ...otherwise it won't work

Krister

Reply to
Krister L

If you make a derived configuration and suppress the cut you will see the cut as it was in the origional view and in a new view that references the new config you will see the part prior to the cut. The only problem that may arise is if you have features after the cut that reference the cut which you need in the view without the cut.

Another way of doing this is to use a split line that would create 2 bodies and you can still see the split line. Watch out for mass properties when using this method though. You can then add a delete body feature that can be suppressed and unsuppressed this way you could still reference the cut and show what was cut off.

I hope that helps

Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich