Changing drawing border line width - how?

Thanks TOP for assistance with my last post re positioning border lines in my new drawing template.

Sad, but I now have another question! My border lines are extremely thin but I can't see how to thicken them up. I think I'm having a dim day but if someone could help out again I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Flynt

Reply to
Flynt

I should have written a book.

The next step, Drawing Templates 102 is this:

Now that you have sheet formats setup for A, B, C, D, etc and a single template for ANSI inch and maybe an ISO metric one also with all the arrow sizes and other preferences you need to spiff up your title block with those little things like line widths.

As a bare minimum you can select a line and change it's width. There is a toolbar called line fonts or something like that. It can handle both width and line type.

My favorite is to setup layers for this. Layers can have special line types, width and color. If you set the layers up in the template along with the printer setup for actually printing what is on the screen the way you expect, then you have a pretty robust system that is fairly easy to maintain.

Layers have another use. In a drawing you sometimes want to hide things. Dimensions come to mind. Instead of using SW version of hide/ show, put the dimensions that need hiding on a layer. The advantage is that you can turn them all back on and then rehide them with one visit to layers.

Layers are also handy as a tool to use when maintaining different colors for different entities as for example when the shop is viewing your prints on a monitor at their CNC stations. This helps them figure out that the part outline is black, centerlines green, etc.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Thanks TOP. I'd feel bad if it wasn't for the fact that I suspect I'm not the only one who learned something here. The lines was one thing but the layers advice was a bonus.

When will the book be available?

Thanks again,

Flynt.

Reply to