Accurately positioning lines and text in a drawing template?

I am creating some new templates. My question is how do I accurately define positions of elements within the border?.

I am doing it now by drawing lines and then positioning them by dimensioning them and then, because I don't think you can 'hide' the dimensions, deleting the dimensions again. This seems a bit of a bodge so am I doing the right thing?

All assistance gratefull recieved.

Flynt

Reply to
Flynt

I just went through this. You can hide dimensions.

However, what I did is to draw a few lines to serve as guides and then patterned them. In the vertical direction I patterned 1/4 inch and horizontally I just broke space into major division. I then used trim to make the spaces I needed.

You don't have to use dimensions to set guide lines because you can enter the absolute location of lines in the property manager. Once located they can be fixed and that prevents movement.

I went so far as to create blocks for certain parts of my title block so that I could apply them to any template. I found that the behavior of blocks is dodgy at best especially with regard to linked text justification, line wrap and cross hatch so they are best used and then exploded.

TOP

P.S. On another note, instead of making a template for each size sheet, we ended up using sheet formats to control this so that there would be one blank template and then sheet formats for each size paper. The reason for this was the difficulty in making template properties the same for all sizes of template, especially after a change.

Reply to
TOP

Thanks.

Reply to