File locking

Is there anyway to lock a document so another user cannot access it or make a change to it? My guess is this can be done by purchasing PDMWorks, but what if we don't use it?

Reply to
SR

bill allemann

If don't even want anyone to look at it you rightckick the file and go to Properties>Security. Deny access to everyone but yourself. Read only will just not allow them to edit it, but they could still view it. Your IT may still have a way around this if he is curious. Not quite sure why you wouldn't want anyone to even view it though.

Reply to
Corey Scheich