Can someone comfirm this?

Make a part with multiple configurations, say 1 to 3, make then so that they are distinctive from each other, such as length. Make a drawing of config 1, showing the standard 3 views and also an iso-metric view. Add a sheet and make a drawing of config 2.

As I have found, you can only insert the view of the configuration, that you saved the part document at. If you are on sheet 2 and select the front view, (currently config 2), and change it to config 3, the other views do not update to config 3, even though they are projected from the front view of config 3 and not config 2 !!!!

There is nowhere that I can see, where to select the config for a new sheet, before you select the view.

Mystified!

Reply to
pete

Oops, SW office pro 2007 sp4.0 xp32 sp2

Reply to
pete

You can change the config after the view is inserted.

Reply to
That70sTick

That is correct, but..... you then have to select each view in turn, to get the correct configuration view. As the projected views are still of the original first view that you placed.

Reply to
pete

Found a way round it!

Make a drawing of config 1. Close the part document down. Add sheet, find the part document, when you click on this part document, you can select the configuration that you want in that sheet.

A bit quicker, but not ideal.

Reply to
pete

No...... that does not work..... hmm....

Why give the option to choose the config, if it will still only put the last saved, config in???

Reply to
pete

The easiest way to do this is simply to add sheet one as you described. Before you insert the views into sheet 2, switch the active config of the part model. Solidworks uses the current configuration when you use the create view tools.

HTH

Reply to
yawdro

You can control select the views, either in the feature manager or the graphics window and change them all at once. One thing to watch out for when you do this is that you are changing ALL of the properties, so don't pick views with different scales.

I don't understand this. As far as I can tell the projected views behave just the same as the other views; they are independent. I believe section views change configurations with the view that they are cut from. I'm not sure about detail views.

Jerry Steiger

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

Thanks Jerry,

That's a good tip.

The way I see it, is, if I have a front view of config 1 and a projected view, (projected from the front view to be clear), the projected view should be of config 1. If I then change the front view to show config 2, then the projected views should update to config 2 also. I am sure they did in earlier versions.

Reply to
pete

That's the way round it, thanks yawdro.

But do this:-

Open the drawing, but not the part, if you then insert a drawing view, you then browse for the part. At this stage, you are given the option to choose what configuration you require, but... it doesn't work!

So why give a non-working option?

......... I do hope 2008 is better, because this 2007 version, is becoming increasingly crappier by the day.

Reply to
pete

That's the way I would make it work if I were king. I suppose we could turn in enhancement requests. I don't remember how it worked in earlier versions, as I don't do this very often.

Jerry Steiger

Reply to
Jerry Steiger