Rotate 180 dgr around Dimetric - how ?

I think what you are looking for is to hold the key and use your arrows. If not, come back and we'll try again.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Hi, in my part file I use the view "Dimetric" how can I rotate exactly this Dimetric 180 degrees arond a XYZ or line ?

SW-2001 sp4

Thanks Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

Hi Wayne, I tried with [Shift]-down and rotate without success. In a drawing-file it's possible to make exactly rotation, but only in 2D

I have put up a screen-shot for what I need:

Thanks Dennis

= = = = = = = = = = = =

Reply to
Dennis

The best I can figure is to put an axis in the center (You did create the part with midplanes, didn't you??) and then select that axis as the center of rotation to manually turn it. It does, in fact rotate around it in the direction I think you want, but I don't see any way to rotate in exactly 90° increments. You can rotate it manually like that to about where you want it and create a new view at that orientation. Then use those created views for your drawing.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

There are many variations of this "method" - this was the first one I found. Should work with diametric view as well.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

Dennis,

Is there a edge (vertical or horizontal) that you can select and then rotate about that edge?

Tony

Reply to
Tony

Try selecting the rear view and resetting this as your front view - then when you select dimetric view it will be from the other side.

The other option may be to modify the 4 or 8 iso view macro (compliments of some of the generous people that post here) and make it create 4 / 8 dimetric views instead.

Merry :-)

Reply to
Merry Owen