Save Sheet Format

I create my own "Drawing Template" via File-> Save Sheet Format.

How can I get:

------------

1). Only the date without including the time Date: $PRP:"SW-Created Date(Created Date)"

2). Include the changes I create in "Document Properties ->dimensions" like Leaders and Arrows.

SW-2001 sp4

Thanks Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

SW has not yet included a short date for create date The way we do it is through a macro. I renamed the notes through api and have them updated upon creating a new drawing file. Or by pressing a macro button. The macro traverses the whole drawing and edits the note named "Date".

as for question two those are template properties you have to edit your template to have these properties then when you use that template for a new drawing you should have those settings. I don't believe that sheet format will update those settings. You could also figure out that through api if you have to update alot of old drawings with new standards.

Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich

We're using SW 2003 sp5 and use a short date in our title block as follows $PRP:"SW-Short Date" resulting in date of the form mm/dd/yyyy. Hope this helps.

Tony Noll

Reply to
Tony

Tony I believe that date will update everytime you open the drawing so you will loose the date the drawing was created.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Corey, it's correct that the created date only can be included time. If using $PRP:"SW-Long Date(Long Date)" the date will automate update when openning again.

Also, the way i saved my templates before was not correct. If the properties settings shall be included, it shall be via: File ->Save as ->Drawing template.

Thanks for you advise

Dennis

Dennis