Google Custom Search

A google custom search engine for SolidWorks material...

I have used the best sites I know of to make a custom SolidWorks only google search. You can add your site
to be a part of this search engine.

Give it a spin an let me know what you think

Ben

Reply to
Ben

Ben,

Good start BUT,

1) It is not SW only. I tried the word "laptops" and got results from sites that had no SW connection.

2) By clicking the filters you can only get one filter at a time. For example, if I want to not show results with acad, Catia and Autodesk I cannot do it unless I manually edit the search text.

3) Doesn't show total number of hits.

4) Doesn't allow varying the number of hits listed on a page.

5) Consider having results post in a new window so that the search can be modified even after following links in the results without using the back button.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

TOP

All great suggestions / comments and I will see about working on these. Thank you for your help. I will be working on it for a while so don't expect immediate results. Some of the suggestions are beyond my abilities right now but I am a quick study and will do my best to work on this.

So you and others understand how this works is that any site added to my SolidMentor.com site gets added to the search and any links in that just added site also get added. Basically two tiers of search get added. So there is inherently going to be some non SolidWorks results. I will try and see if I can set up for multiple filter selection which should help things along. I am trying not to add pre-filters because my search logic will not necessarily be your or other search logic so that is the thought on pre set filters that are easy to click.

Have any sites you would like to add? I am sure by your participation on this group that you have a few.... The more the better the search can become

Ben

Reply to
Ben

Ben,

I think the logic of automatically adding links might allow hi-jacking unless you screen each one. That is what the laptop search seemed to be showing.

TOP

Reply to
TOP