ACAD 2005 slow?

I just upgraded from 2002 to 2005 and it preforms much slower, from
initialy starting up the program to drawing a line to saving the
drawing, everything is noticibly slower than in 2002. Is there a
setting I don't have right, is my video card not compatible with 2005,
any help would be great. Thanks in advance. I have already tried
updating all to the latest drivers.
Processer: Pentium 4 1.8 ghz
ram: 512 meg
HD: 80 gig 5400 rpm
OS: Windows 2000 Pro service pack 4
video card: Vision Tek Geforce4 MX 440 with 64meg ram AGP W/2 21" Sony
monitors
Reply to
cindy
The only thing I have noticed slower is startup. Other than that no problems.
My specs:
Pentium 4 3.0c 1 gig DDR ram 2x Western Digital 36gig SATA Raptors Raid 0 2x Western Digital 120gig IDE drives for storage ATI All-in Wonder 8500 w/ 128 meg ram Viewsonic 19" PF790
Bill
Reply to
Bill Davis Jr
Hy Cindy
I got the same problem after updating from 2002 to 2005. I worked with 512 RAMs on a 1.7 MHz Machine. Now i graded up to 1024 RAMs. AutoCAD2005 works now much faster. probably it's also possible to optimize the ram-management of win2000 in the system-settings
hope my hints are helpfull to you marc
"cindy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
Reply to
Marc Küenzi
Hi Cindy,
I've noticed it starts slightly slower, but it works fine otherwise IF your using Windows XP. One of our machines is still running Windows 2000 and with a fresh install of the OS and ACAD2005, it's still slow, so maybe it has to do with the OS.
And yes, the two machines are identical, except for the OS.
Reply to
BigBoy
I experience the same problem with other software. I susgest you to try to boot you system in safe mode and try to run Autocad 2005. If you see It work fine on safe mode, your problem is an OpenGL issue. Update the driver might not make any difference but try anyway. Both Nvidia and ATI chipset with 32 and 64 meg are known for this problem. I Got this problem with MasterCAM.
U might not find a good solution, specially most of those card are discontinued. Upgrade to XP might solve it, don't install the Mfg driver, leave it with MS Nvidia chipset standard driver. U can also try to tweak your openGL setting untill u find the one that will work.
Samorch
Reply to
Samorch
I experience the same problem with other software. I susgest you to try to boot you system in safe mode and try to run Autocad 2005. If you see It work fine on safe mode, your problem is an OpenGL issue. Update the driver might not make any difference but try anyway. Both Nvidia and ATI chipset with 32 and 64 meg are known for this problem. I Got this problem with MasterCAM.
U might not find a good solution, specially most of those card are discontinued. Upgrade to XP might solve it, don't install the Mfg driver, leave it with MS Nvidia chipset standard driver. U can also try to tweak your openGL setting untill u find the one that will work.
Samorch
Reply to
Samorch
I agree with Marc. first try more RAM. Then maybe a faster HD - 7200 = RPM. or a newer Video card.
garth.
Reply to
G. Willis
You might want to try using a 7200rpm Hard Drive. The difference in speed will be noticeable. Guido De Angelis
c> I just upgraded from 2002 to 2005 and it preforms much slower, from
Reply to
Guido De Angelis