mouse and SW2005

Just installed SW2005 SP0 on my Dell P3, with .5 gig of ram, Nvidea Quadra card machine.......SW2003 worked just fine, as does SW2005, HOWEVER, and this is driving me nuts, the middle wheel is very flukey....when I use it to either pan, zoom, or rotate views it gets that wierd looking split arrow symbol and starts scrolling across the screen. This drives me nuts in all of microsofts products, so I don't use the function, but for SW I have become a slave to this usually reliable function.

Any ideas? I use a optical mouse, I reloaded the drivers!

Thanks, Brad

Reply to
Brad

Brad,

Look in your mouse drive control panel and there should be a troublshooting section. You need to set up the solidworks program as an exception and not use the middle mouse button. The scroll wheel/ middle button will then work fine in solidworks. You have to do that with some vers. of autocad too.

Reply to
Don S

thank you! problem fixed............veins in neck receeding!

Brad

Reply to
Brad