SW2005 install limits?

Is there a limit to how many machines a US seat of SW2005 can be installed on? I haven't installed it yet. I want to experiment with it on one machine, before I load it on my working machine. Does it get registered by machine, like MS products? And does it know when you reach a limit of installs, or is it an open (unlimited)install like SW2003? I know I can only use it on one machine at a time.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron

Why not practice administrative installs while you are at it?

Reply to
TOP

Does anyone have an answer for me?

Aaron

Aar> Is there a limit to how many machines a US seat of SW2005 can be

Reply to
Aaron

Aaron wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@scnresearch.com:

Theoretically you can install it unlimited times. It doesn't have to dial up the mother ship to install or register. If you know sw03, it's just like that. Legally it may be another issue. If you're really just testing, no one's gonna bust you for multiple installs, it will only become a problem if you give your ser#/reg code to someone else or if you start double-using the same ser# simultaneously. The people I've seen busted have been either careless or flagrant or both. You know, when a company buys one seat of software, but trains 4 people and in class they're talking like they're all using it all day long... don't do that.

Reply to
matt

Thanks, matt for the straight answer. It's just for testing.

Aaron

matt wrote:

Reply to
Aaron

Aaron,

When your test> Thanks, matt for the straight answer.

Reply to
POH