Install Drawing Editor

Our group can't install 2005 untill spring because of OS upgrades that the company needs to make since the viewer no longer supports NT. Our machines in engineering can handle it but the shop wouldn't be able to reference the drawings anymore. Anyway is there a way to install the DWG editor without doing a full install of 05.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Corey,

Does the shop only need to view/Print DWG's? There is a free Intellicad viewer on the net.

Bert

"Corey Scheich" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Bert Muijtstege

Actually I am not worried about the shop that part just prevents us from delving into Sw2005. We have one seat of AutoCRUD and ofcourse that is installed on my workstation. So if we could install the DWG editor the other engineers in our group would be able to make any minor changes they want quickly and leave my inbox alone. My VAR contacted me and said it isn't possible to install it without the rest of SW 2005 but it will run as an independent exe.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

"Corey Scheich" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

So what will you do? Install 05 along side what you have now, then remove all the shortcuts to it? Would it be possible to prevent users from working in it?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

So if i am understanding you right, you want to install the dwgeditor without SW2005 just to make minor changes to dwg files ? Why not install a Trail version of Intellicad, it is the same as the dwgeditor. or do you mean the SW drawingfiles (slddrw) ?

Bert

"Corey Scheich" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Bert Muijtstege

Good question. You could probably break the links by changing name of SldWorks.exe or it's path. It may still run fine though if the user searched out the exe. Or You could possibly write an addin that would shut it down as soon as it started.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Good idea. Maybe you could even just delete the .exe, then copy it back in when the time comes.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Download a trial version from CADopia

it is exactly the same as the DwgEditor in SolidWorks 2005 (you may even check it in the About DwgEditor under Help menu!).

Reply to
SammyD