Mate References - components within assembly

Mate references only work on insertion.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I can't find any info on this in the help...

Can Mate References be used on a component that's already in an assembly the same way as they can with a component that's dragged into an assembly? I created some on a screw component, and they work nicely when I drag a component from a part file into an assembly--pops right into the hole. But if I make a copy of that component within the assembly, I'd like to be able to use the same mate references to put another screw in another hole. I tried the "Alt" drag method, but I'm not sure that's the way to do it (it doesn't seem to be using the mate references). Help? Thanks.

Brian

Reply to
brrian

Bummer.

Dale Dunn wrote:

Reply to
brrian

Set the assy to "hidden lines visible"....pick the edge of the bolt while Your're holding down ctrl...take it easy so You see that it really is the edge of the bolt, small note will show up.......then drag the cursor to the edge of next hole and it will be copied and mated

Krister L

"brrian" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@h37g2000oda.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Krister L