Assigning distance mate equations within Assemblies

Hi, I am working in an assembly. I have two parts constrained along an axis of another rod which is fixed. I want to be able to move one of the parts along the axis and have the other part move along same axis at a different rate. Currently I have distance mates between the two parts..... so I'm guessing i need to write an equation that references the distance mate - how do i do this? Hopefully this is clear Thanks Shane

Reply to
Slapp Attack

Probably the easiest way to get you started is to point you to the help area. Look up "equations, edit and delete" and it will walk you through creating one. Basically, you tell it you want to create a new one, and then pick the dims out of the graphics area while putting in the operators. You will have something like DifferentRateDim=ConstantRateDim*.82. Start with the help and then come back if you need more help - you can do it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany