engaged mate

Hi, does anyone know how to create a mate that moves a part as it comes into contact with it? As example, I have a slide rod fixed in space. A block is mated with the rod and can be moved along its length. A second block is also mated to the same slide and can similarly moved.

My actual system uses a lever to move the first block along the slide and only when it engages with the second block (which can be anywhere along the slide) should it then also push the second block.

P.S I'm using SW2005

/spear_me

Reply to
spear_me

I would have suggested trying to using a limit mate (the lowest end being the contact point) or physical dynamics, but I can't check if either existed in 2005. Sorry. Ed

Reply to
Edward T Eaton