SW NOT PROVEN AT ALL - LARGE ASSYS

I would have thought this information would be easy to find, but i has been quite the ordeal. I relates to the handling of large assy
in SW. We have a large assembly line with roughly 100 000 parts about 60 000 non-fasteners and roughly 30 000 unique components. W are seriously considering SW, but have seen no proof that SW ca handle assemblies of this size. I understand proper assy practice need to be used and very powerful computers are required, but I hav never heard of anything close to even 30 000 components
SW has shown close to 10 000 part assemblies in demos and claim the
can do more, but there is a lot of talk about headaches people ar having with large assys in SW on forums such as these. So what I asking is this
1) Can you refer me to any companies that are designing very larg
assys with SW 2) Is the SW engine inherently limited in handling large assys b design (i.e. will the program grind to a halt at a certain point) 3) Isnt managing the simplified versions of parts and sub-assy difficult and doesnt it introduce additional potential for errors
We are considering Catia as well, but are worried it is overkill fo
the machine design were doing. Im interested in hearing you experiences
Thanks
Mark
Gosh what product has soooo many parts ?
sounds like it may be ripe for a bit of simplification ;-)
I have limited experience with SolidWorks but from what Ive rea about the program and from what limited experience I have wit SolidWorks - and what I know about Catia, go for Catia - its no overkill for what you want.
Yes SolidWorks is an easier program to use. And yes youll need t
spend more for Catia and a computer to run it however youll sav time and avoid so many migraine headaches. So if you can afford th initial investment - dont mess around. You have too many parts
Boeing puts an entire airplane in Catia - or so says the co-worke
that used to work at Boeing yet we struggle with a thousand parts True the fasteners are parametric files not solid bodies, the Phili headed screws have every slot in them and the star lock washers hav every detail on them, a lot could be done to simplify the files.
Yet what do you want? Your half a football size machine to be mad
from simple cubes and rectangles? Dont get me wrong I actually lik SolidWorks - but even the most fanatic user has to admit the progra has its limitations
The product is a paper moulding machine that is about the size of hal a football field. It does require some simplification, henc purchasing the 3D package
What are the largest assemblies anyone has seen modeled and modifie
easily in SW