Large Excel tables into SW

Anybody have any insights into how large Excel tables may be placed into a SW drawing as a single item rather than have to cut it up?

TIA.

Steve Reinisch

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

I don't think it is possible.

Reply to
TOP

I agree, I believe this is a limitation is MS office stuff (links) not SW. This is a problem in other packages also.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

Hi thr

Well i'm not sure this works or not, but u can try by decreasing the size of font and then insert it as a general table

regards

Deepak Guta

Keith Streich wrote:

Reply to
Engineer

Of course you could print the Excel spreadsheet to a pdf with proper selection of print formatting and get it to fold that way. Then insert the pdf into the SW document. A kludge, yes, but it might work.

T> I don't think it is possible.

Reply to
TOP

I currently have an excel table on a drawing that has columns A to AJ, and Rows 1 to 99 showing.

I do know that with past versions of SW, the limit was smaller. Currently I am running 2006 sp5.0.

Reply to
Chris Bourgeois

Was this just a simple cut and paste operation?

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

I have been able to insert some faily large excel files into SW 2006

4.1. It is not without difficulty. One thing that I have found is editing while in SW creates erratic results. Also I have found that I need to delete any cell in the excel file outside of what I was importing that had previously held any data. This is simple to do and yields the most consistant results. The largest excel file I have used is 21 columns by 37 using a 10 point font. That is smaller than your need but it is much larger than previous versions of solidworks would not allow. I have not experimented to know what the present limitations are. I tend to think it is more of a Solidworks issue than MS since the later versions of SW seem to allow larger sized inserts. I insert using copy and paste. I have has some erratic issues using the insert object commands within SW. I have also seen that different hardware and settings can effect how well the excel file imports. I have not experimented enough to determine the combinations but I have found that one machine in our office will not show the excel file data on the drawing. You can see the a box where the file is located but no data visible or printable. I have attemped the PDF insert also but the graphics degradations seems to be an issue, plus you have to maintain the excel file outside of solidworks. I tend to like all of my data packaged in one file.
Reply to
Marty

Some of it was cut and paste, some of it was created right in the window in the Solidworks drawing.

Reply to
Chris Bourgeois