Tables

Double-click the table in SW, then drag the borders to resize.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

How does one create a data table in SW 2004? Can you use Excel to do this? If so, how is this accomplished? I was able to create and insert an Excel Worksheet into my drawing, my only problem now is that I see the whole sheet, even the cells that don't have any data? I was hoping to just insert the filled in cells. In the Excel document I set my print area to no avail.

Any suggestions? Or is there a better method?

Reply to
Art

I have asked SolidWorks for a data table that acts like the new BOM, Hole, or Revision tables, but haven't seen anything yet. Actually, a revision table would work, but only one revsion table is allowed per drawing. Tables can be created with an Excel file but it becomes an embedded file in the drawing and, in my experience, it will not show up on the drawing if the drawing is converted to a DWG file format. I had the same problem with the SW2003 Excel BOM tables. It would be great if SolidWorks could include a "data" table that would allow the user to specify number of columns & rows, insert properties, etc. Still waiting..... I haven't installed SW2005 yet, but from what I have seen I don't think they added data tables to this release.

Reply to
Don

I had posted about the same problem earlier. 2005 does not have it either. A "generic" table utility would be very useful!

Reply to
Arif Oguz