SolidWorks API

Hi

Does any of you have any idea how I write custom properties directly to SolidWorks files, without having to open them in SolidWorks first ???

MechEng

directly

first

Get "dsofile.dll" frim

which gives you access document properties through the OS, without having to open the file. The bad news are:

1) you won't be able to access configuration-specific properties 2) some earlier messages on this group say it doesn't work with Win XP. Didn't try... Philippe Guglielmetti -
Philippe Guglielmetti

Works with my XP Pro. Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

Works here too XP Pro

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Thanks a lot... I'll have a go at it, as soon as possible... :-D

Reply to
MechEng

Any idea why?

...snip

Yup : they are stored in different places. SW Files use the MS "OLE Structured storage" format, which has one specific location for file properties, then a structure of file-specific data. SW files have one block for each config, and config properties are stored in it, out of the reach of dsofile.dll... I used

to investigate a bit on this. Philippe Guglielmetti -

Philippe Guglielmetti

Were there copyrights on the dsofile.dll?

I wonder what it would take to edit it to be config specific.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich