cosmetic threads-SW2005

Specifcally, I am seeing a problem with the display of cosmetic threads for pipe taps. Every time I change a feature in the tree before the pipe thread feature, the cosmetic thread gets screwed up. Doesn't matter if the feature changed has anything to do with the face the thread is on or not. Any change will cause the cosmetic thread to shift. Merely editing the thread feature without changing anything will fix the cosmetic thread. However, every time you change something above it in the tree if will go blooey again.

Anybody else see this?

Win 2K , Athlon 64-3400+. nvidia xgl1100 with latest (approved) drivers.

jk

Reply to
jk

Yep, I see it. Have yo reported it?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

Jk-

Thanks for posting this. We haven't started using using 2005 in production, but I noticed this problem when using our macro program for creating waterlines and was about to embark on a lengthy work around to fix it. Based on what I'm seeing with the API, I bet the problem occurs when the hole moves in model space (maybe the program is picking the cosmetic thread's edge based on location) regardless of whether its face or parameters has changed. I'll check this out when I get the chance...

Thanks again,

-Jason S.

Reply to
Jason Swackhamer

Yes. Spoke with my VAR after the first confirmation in here yesterday. He confirms and says he will get back to me with the response he gets when he reports this to SW today. He says the `pointers' for the cosmetic threads are getting `lost'. I have no idea what that means.

jk

Reply to
jk