How to get to the Excel Based Bill of Materials

I have SW 2006SP4.1 and MS Office 2003 installed. I want to create an Excel based Bill of Materials in my drawing, but the menu item is always disabeled (grayed out). I can create Excel based Design Tables in parts without problems, so SW seems to be aware of Excel being installed.

I know you cannot have ordinary BOMs ans Excel based BOMs in the same drawing, but even creating a completely new blank drawing my Insert>Table>Excel Based Bill of Materials menu item is still unavailable :-(

Anyone knows why? /C

Reply to
Chebeba

Select an actual view on the drawing, then choose Insert --> Tables. You should now see 'Excel based Bill of Materials' as an option.

Chebeba wrote:

Reply to
Clem999

Haha that's what I call GUI consistency ;-) You need to preselect a view for the Excel BOM menu item but not for the SW BOM menu item which is just next to it...

Thanks! /C

Clem999 skrev:

Reply to
Chebeba