Save bom as csv

Hi all

I save many of my bom's as a *.csv in order to open it up in excel to reorder for sparepart lists and then later on save it as pdf. I found no better way to do this, and today it works great with a macro in excel which takes care of everything with only one hot-key. Only one small irritating problem....when saving bom as csv it always gives me the suggestion to save as type template (*sldbomtbt), I would like get CSV (*.csv) as default type to minimize mouse travelling. Anybody know if this is possible, and in that case how??

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

"AssemblyBOM" macro available at

Reply to
That70sTick

Doesn't really solve my problem, I have that macro since long time back....but thank's anyhow

Reply to
Krister_L

I just wrote a macro that brings drawing BOM into Excel. It is actually in Excel, and reaches out to SW to pull in BOM to active worksheet. From there you can copy-and-paste Excel cells. Interested?

Reply to
That70sTick

Open up bom in "BOM CONTENTS". Highlight/select all rows, press ctrl-c. Go to your excel file and paste. It will give you 2 columns with a header of BMP which you delete or Hide.

Roland

Reply to
Roland

I have a macro like that, didit already before the new SW bom...but now I go via csv. I have a lot of articel number with leading zeros and I need to format the cell in that column before I put in the bom- contents. So what I do now is to save the SW bom into a csv file in a predestinated folder, then open excel and hit "ctrl+t". The excel macro will now open the csv, set the rules for import and then start the old bom-macro wich will hide som columns, change font size for head line, set column width for all columns, fill in header and footer change from portrait to landscape and finally open up the save as window in the main catalouge where I wanna have it.

If I recall it right, the leading zeros was the reason for going via csv, Now the excel macro set the ruels when importing the csv, so the cells in that specific column is changed to text. The only manual work I have to do after this is to fill in correct drawing no in the header and description in the footer (fonts and leading text is already filled in from the macro) and then save it as a pdf for the machine manual.

This is not really my field of work, so it was some struggeling before I got it working, but now I'm really satisfied with it. The only thing is that I have to play around with the cursor when I'm saving as *.csv because the default type is set to bomtemplate.

If Your macro can do this and still have the leading zeros in at least one of 5 columns I'm interested.

Kind regards // Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

You can save as .xls directly as well - as of 2007 I think....?

Reply to
Zander

Yes I now, but as I said earlier, I found no way to automatically bring in the art.no's with leading zeros when going straight to xls.

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L