SW2004 Excel BOM

Maybe I'm missing the obvious here, but can someone please instruct me in the insertion of an Excel based BOM? I want to use our standard BOM that we have been using, but when I start the process, it appears that the only template I can choose is of the type .sdlbomtbt. I have read through the Help, but still can't figure out how to tell it I want one of my old ones? I figured I better try this before we totally commit everyone here.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Insert>Tables>Excel Based Bill of Materials

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

In tools options / file locations /show folders for: ....pick bom templates.....click add and find the folder where You store them.

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

Thanks - I figured it had to be somewhere. I guess the "standard" BOM in all the shortcuts is the new one only. Sort of makes sense.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Already there, which, when I finally picked Excel BOM from the menu, the proper ones showed up in the list. I guess I was expecting to be able to pick one of the old ones within the same envelope as the new ones - just pick the proper template. But it appears they are handled completely separately.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Not because new one is currently quite useless :-(. I would like to see a button for excel-bom as long the new bom is like it is..

Reply to
Markku Lehtola