File name & Config name in Excel BOM

Hi

I'm having trouble inserting file namse and configuration names in an Excel bom template. I am atemting to put the text "SW-File Name(File Name)" in to the name box in the first colum, but excel won't accept it.

Anyone know how it's done?

Jesper

Reply to
Jesper Davidsen

What is your current code for entering it into excel? Are you using an embedded spread sheet or one open in a separate session of excel?

Reply to
CS

"CS" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

I'm not sure what you mean by code

I opened the standard bom template in excel (separate), and the I'm adding colums whit the info that I need. I have not delete any of the original colums, just hidden a few.

Reply to
Jesper Davidsen

Sorry I kind of misread your post

Try this. add a column named File If you want you could name it "File Name" but you have to name the cell title "File" so that SW can use it properly because you cannot have spaces. Add a custom property to each model called "File" make it's value $PRP:"SW-File Name" then generate a bom with your new template and you will have a collumn with all the file names.

Regards, Corey

news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

Reply to
CS

Great, I'll try that.

You wouldn't happen to know how to get the file name extension in there as well?

"CS" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

Reply to
Jesper Davidsen

You have to set it in windows explorer. I believe the setting that is labeled something like Hide file extentions of known types. turn it off.

Corey

news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

Reply to
CS

What I ment was: How do I get the filename extension into the BOM

"CS" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

Reply to
Jesper Davidsen

I know what you meant, and now that I think about it SW may strip that information. I think what I was thinking was that this method works through API. When set in windows it grabs the file extention. You could just add it after the property value.

$PRP:"SW-File Name".sldprt $PRP:"SW-File Name".sldasm $PRP:"SW-File Name".slddrw

It shouldn't be too hard and really easy for new parts just setup your templates with this already assigned.

A macro would take care of that.

Corey