Newbie: Need tutorial on working with Surfaces.

Hi,

I have some IGES based component files that I would like to modify. Solidworks reads in these components as a series of "trimmed Surfaces". I would like to modify some of these surfaces (knit them, etc) and make seperate "parts" out of them. The parts could then be saved in an assembly file.

I did not see all that much concerning the theory of working with "surfaces" in the Solidworks help. I would like further information, either in text or tutorial form.

Thank You Tom tom_cip snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Teece

I don't know of anything that would be very helpful for the particular task you are trying to do. Look at the in-context help for Offset, Extend, Trim, Untrim, Fill and Knit Surfaces. For more general knowledge about using surfaces, it's hard to beat Ed Eaton's "Curvy Stuff" tutorials on the Dimonte Group website:

Jerry Steiger

I just presented at a user group on "editing imported parts", and addressed a lot of practical surfacing. The powerpoint is on my website. There were a lot of details added verbally which may not be conveyed by the ppt, but it still may be of some help.

go to User Group link

matt

"Teece" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

them,